Be Aware and Supportive
Be aware and supportive
If someone you know is in quarantine or gets infected with the virus, be there for them as much as you can (safely). Try giving them a call or send them a message. Even if you can’t visit them in person, consider cooking them a meal and leaving it outside their door, which is safe to do.
To avoid spreading the virus and infection to other people, please follow these guidelines:
- Barrier precautions: Items such as gloves and masks are essential forms of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to wear if you have shown any kind of COVID-19 symptoms
- Isolation: If the person present has clear symptoms of COVID-19, they should isolate quickly from others, as this can help reduce the number of people becoming infected and to stop the spread of the virus
- Avoidance of personal or work travelling: As the cases of infection keep on rising, it is important to avoid or cancel all travel options where possible
- Avoid agglomerations: It is important to avoid situations where there are a vast amount of people involved. The virus will continue to spread and it will be easier to catch if people continue staying in bigger groups
- Promote positive and productive remote work experience: Encourage workers to work from home and show the benefits this will have for their own health and safety
- Assistance to hospitals or doctors: If the symptoms of the virus show up promptly, please call your house doctor before going directly to the hospital/doctors. This can minimize the risk of workers in the health-care industry becoming infected with COVID-19 and stop any further spreading of the virus, especially to vulnerable groups within hospitals
- Stay informed with all the updates of COVID-19 in your area: Follow reliable health and safety guidelines, for example, from the World Health Organization (WHO).